The procedure for submitting a new lolthulhu to this subsite is identical to submitting to the main site. Just submit your creation and I’ll figure out whether to put it on the main site or in here.
Contentwise, the stuff that gets posted here will have much more of a free reign. Cartoony images, or ones involving plush Cthulhu toys are certainly topical here. While I’d still like this site to follow the typical lolcat macro style, I’m definitely much more likely to post non-lolcatty images here, as well.
As on the main site, before sending, please read this. I’m not entirely certain where all this technically stands in terms of parody/fair-use/derivative-work, etc, so take words like “license” and “copyright” with a grain of salt. Mostly I just adapted this from the submissions page at icanhascheezburger. Sending us a submission is an implicit agreement to the following:
- We are not obligated or required to use any captions, slogans, images, or designs you submit.
- By sending us your image, caption, slogan and/or design, you are giving us a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license to use the submitted caption / image / slogan / design on lolthulhu.com, or future related websites.
If you do not agree to the terms above, you had best not submit anything.
To credit you properly, make sure to provide the following in your email:
- Your name (if you want)
- Your website URL (if you want)
- Where you acquired the image from
- If this is your creation, or something found on the internet
- If you really, really want your email address posted, tell me what to post. I won’t post an email unless you ask, though.
On a brief technical note, when I post an image, I’ll resize the image down to a width of 627 pixels for inlining on the main page, if necessary, and then link to the full-size version. If you feel like saving me a few seconds of work, feel free to resize it down yourself, though I don’t mind doing it myself.
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com.